We are looking for a Communication Officer to join our Brussels office.
Who we are:
Application Européenne de Technologies et de Services (AETS) is a leading organisation in the area of EU and foreign policy and development cooperation. We work with the European Commission (INTPA and other Directorates-General) and other multilateral organisations in the following areas:
- Governance and human development
- Energy and climate change
- Natural resources and environmental protection
- Trade and economic development.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a creative and dynamic communication officer who will be based in our Brussels office. This is a varied and exciting role that covers all aspects of communications from creating inspiring content and sharing it on social media to pitching stories to the media and helping to manage events. We are particularly interested in candidates who have an understanding of EU institutions and development cooperation.
You will work closely with the communications director and colleagues in our France, India, Indonesia, Thailand and Côte d'Ivoire offices.
Main tasks will include:
- Develop and implement AETS’ internal and external communication strategy in close collaboration with the communications director;
- Produce and disseminate high quality communication materials and tools, according to the AETS strategy;
- Participate as a communication expert in projects AETS is implementing for the EU. This involves managing communication work packages of EU projects;
- Assist AETS staff in preparing communication materials for their respective projects;
- Manage the AETS corporate website as a primary source of news and information about AETS;
- Promote a climate of positive, trustful and respectful staff collaboration by encouraging communication and information sharing;
- Fulfill other responsibilities and tasks as necessary for the good organisation of the office, as mandated by the communications director.
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Linguistics or similar;
- Native English speaker level or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of other EU languages, preferably French, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Between 3 to 5 years of professional experience with the above-mentioned responsibilities;
- Proven experience in project management and capacity to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including diplomatic skills;
- First-class written and verbal communication skills. Experience in translating policy and technical texts into non-expert language;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, attention to detail;
- Proven interest in understanding, appreciating and articulating EU integration issues and development cooperation;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Team player; ability to perform under pressure; well organised;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office: minimum; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or similar: preferred).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary (according to experience);
- An international environment with possibilities to progress within the company and take initiative.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Project cycle management : Project management
Economic Studies :
Language(s) : English, Spanish, French, Portuguese