Gender equality and social inclusion specialist
We are seeking for an individual experienced in gender equality, including preferably social research who will be based in our Brussels office.
Main tasks will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Management of gender equality and social inclusion and analysis projects from their inception to their completion;
- Designing and applying high-quality approaches to research and data collection activities;
- Helping grow the business by conceptualising proposals, including the negotiation and preparation of prebid agreements, and preparation of expressions of interest;
- Implementing project activities;
- Expanding the network of partners and experts, selecting and recruiting experts for long-term projects and framework contracts;
- Revising expert’s inputs;
- Drafting reports;
- Participating as an expert – with technical inputs – in gender equality and social inclusion or social research projects.
- Master’s Degree or higher in social sciences (economics, gender, political science or a closely related field), and at least five (5) years of work experience in gender equality and social inclusion;
- Experience with the EU and international donors;
- Knowledge of EU and international agenda on gender equality and/or poverty and inequality;
- Experience working for a consultancy or research centre in gender equality and inclusion;
- Demonstrated skills in writing and research;
- Proven experience in project management and business development;
- Capacity to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills, qualitative and quantitative techniques (NIVO and other tools will be an asset);
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, attention to details;
- Ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload, flexible attitude;
- Capacity to react quickly and solve problems;
- Excellent English and good working knowledge of French.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary (according to experience);
- A multi-cultural environment with possibilities to progress within the company and take initiative;
- A strong dedication to development cooperation and public policy;
- A minimum of hierarchy.
AETS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kindly include a cover letter with your application.
Category : Expert
Specification(s) : Long Term (+ 6 months)
Project cycle management : Project management
Economic Studies :
Language(s) : English, French
AETS is consortium lead company of the Commission's new "Policy Support Facility in Trade and Market Access overseen by the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments" and we are looking to work with experts meeting the following criteria.
Are you an expert in FTA (Free Trade Agreement) and/or EU-Trade Law with EC experience? Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic partner countries?
- BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa);
- MERCOSUR Countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela);
- Gulf countries (Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates);
- ASEAN Countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam);
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan);
- USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Algeria, Australia, Chile, China - Hong Kong and Macao, Colombia, Egypt, Israel, Morocco, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway and Iceland, Peru, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.
Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic sectors?
- International Trade and national trade policies/reforms formulation and/or revision;
- Association Agreements analysis, negotiation, implementation and evaluation;
- Harmonisation of International/Regional Trade regulations and national legislation;
- EU Trade Law harmonisation;
- Legal analysis and advice, as well as fact finding in relation to dispute settlement;
- Fact finding and analysis of FTA areas;
- Support delegations coordinating market access teams;
- Monitoring implementation of trade and investment agreements, as well as of business environment in partner countries;
- Promotion of trade, association and investment agreements, as well as provision of business-relevant information.
Regions and Strategic Sectors above, should match with at least one among the following Specific Sectors:
- Customs and trade facilitation;
- Import formalities and requirements;
- Non-tariff barriers (NTBs);
- Technical barriers to trade (TBTs);
- Intellectual property rights;
- Public procurement;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Sustainable development;
- Sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures;
- Agriculture and fisheries;
- Competition policy; and
- State-owned enterprises.
Category : Expert
Donor(s) : EU
Project cycle management : Identification and formulation / ToR, Pre-investment & feasibility studies, Project management, Follow up / Supervision / Monitoring, Project evaluation / audit
Economic Studies : Economic development
Language(s) : English, French