In the scope of the decentralised cooperation between the Poitou-Charentes region (France) and the Fatick region (Senegal), the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region in France as the contracting authority and the Regional Caprine Federation of Nouvelle-Aquitaine and Vendée (FRCAP, French acronym) as delegated contracting authority requested assistance from AETS for the project related to the construction of photovoltaic solar generation means in Senegal.
The caprine rearing promotion and modernisation centre in the Fatick region (Senegal), as well as three processing units in the region, were to be equipped with photovoltaic solar panels in order to make them autonomous in terms of energy and to allow for an improved conservation of the products.
This assistance mission was divided into 5 phases:
- The project’s technical-economic feasibility assessment;
- The drafting of special technical specifications, the consultation with the construction companies, the analysis of the proposals and assistance in their selection;
- Overseeing the execution studies;
- Supervising the construction site and the acceptance of the works;
- Follow-up and maintenance proposal.
During the month of February 2019, solar expert, Benoît Rouviere, and electrical engineer at AETS, Laurent Augustin, carried out the final acceptance of works including the commissioning of the 4 autonomous photovoltaic generators with storage:
- Rearing Promotion and Modernisation Centre (CIMEL, French acronym) in Niakhar
- Cheese dairy in Sapp
- Dairy in Djilor
- Dairy and cheese dairy in Colobane