Operational Manager - Food and Health Directorate
With a workforce of over 70 employees based largely at its headquarters in Lons (France) as well as in its 7 overseas offices (Abidjan, Bangkok, Brussels, County Meath, Delhi, Jakarta, Tallinn), AETS Consultants offers multisectoral expertise to major funders (European Union, Agence Française de Développement, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, etc.) of international development aid aimed at emerging countries and the implementation of European policies within the European Union through the provision of feasibility studies, technical assistance, final and interim evaluations, training, coordination of European programme, etc.
AETS’ Economic Development, Quality and Safety (DEQS) department comprises 12 members and carries out activities in the areas of rural development and food security, food safety, animal health and wellbeing, development of international trade and quality infrastructures. All 12 members contribute to the department’s busines development, the management of ongoing projects (technical, administrative and financial management) and conduct consultancy missions to beneficiary countries.
DEQS is looking to hire an operational manager for its Food and Health Directorate on a permanent contract based out of Lons, with higher education in the area of agronomy or veterinary medicine as well as at least 10 years of experience in one of the following areas: rural development and food security, food safety, animal health or plant protection. The candidate’s profile should include experience in development and team management. The candidate will preferably possess a solid experience in the area of development aid and cooperation and good written communication and organisation skills, in order to prepare the department’s tenders, manage the projects and to work as an expert. Prior experience managing a team will be considered an asset. Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential. Fluency in an additional language will be considered a plus.
We value diversity particularly with regards to origin, ability and gender.
Category : Manager
Duration : Permanent contract
Specification(s) : Long Term (+ 6 months)
Project cycle management :
Economic Studies : Economic development
Language(s) : English
AETS is consortium lead company of the Commission's new "Policy Support Facility in Trade and Market Access overseen by the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments" and we are looking to work with experts meeting the following criteria.
Are you an expert in FTA (Free Trade Agreement) and/or EU-Trade Law with EC experience? Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic partner countries?
- BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa);
- MERCOSUR Countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela);
- Gulf countries (Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates);
- ASEAN Countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam);
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan);
- USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Algeria, Australia, Chile, China - Hong Kong and Macao, Colombia, Egypt, Israel, Morocco, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway and Iceland, Peru, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.
Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic sectors?
- International Trade and national trade policies/reforms formulation and/or revision;
- Association Agreements analysis, negotiation, implementation and evaluation;
- Harmonisation of International/Regional Trade regulations and national legislation;
- EU Trade Law harmonisation;
- Legal analysis and advice, as well as fact finding in relation to dispute settlement;
- Fact finding and analysis of FTA areas;
- Support delegations coordinating market access teams;
- Monitoring implementation of trade and investment agreements, as well as of business environment in partner countries;
- Promotion of trade, association and investment agreements, as well as provision of business-relevant information.
Regions and Strategic Sectors above, should match with at least one among the following Specific Sectors:
- Customs and trade facilitation;
- Import formalities and requirements;
- Non-tariff barriers (NTBs);
- Technical barriers to trade (TBTs);
- Intellectual property rights;
- Public procurement;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Sustainable development;
- Sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures;
- Agriculture and fisheries;
- Competition policy; and
- State-owned enterprises.
Category : Expert
Donor(s) : EU
Project cycle management : Identification and formulation / ToR, Pre-investment & feasibility studies, Project management, Follow up / Supervision / Monitoring, Project evaluation / audit
Economic Studies : Economic development
Language(s) : English, French