Project Manager (in-house)
With a workforce of over 70 employees based largely at the headquarters in Pau (France) and in its 5 overseas offices (Abidjan, Bangkok, Brussels, Delhi, Jakarta), AETS Consultants provides over 25 years of multisectoral expertise to major funders of international development aid (European Union, Agence Française de Développement, etc.) aimed at emerging countries and in the implementation of European policies within the European Union: feasibility studies, technical assistance, final and interim evaluations, training, coordination of European programme, etc.
The 7 members of the CLIN (Climate and Infrastructures) department, by responding to calls for tenders or through framework contract with the EU, the EIB and the AFD, lead AETS’ position in the areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation and the conservation of natural resources; sustainable urban development, waste treatment and circular economy; water and sanitation; transport infrastructures, in particular road and air transport, as well as the area of capacity building.
AETS is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity is one of AETS' values and we encourage candidates from different geographic and educational backgrounds. AETS is also committed to gender equality and we encourage women to apply.
CLIN is looking to hire a project manager on a permanent contract based out of Pau, with higher education in the area of engineering, urban planning, international development, law, project management, sociology etc., preferably with a specialisation in environmental issues, a minimum of five years of experience in one of the areas covered by the department and a good written communication and organisation skills, in order to pour prepare our tenders, manage our projects (client and partner relations, supervision of experts, financial monitoring) and to work as an expert.
The following experiences will be considered an asset: the implementation of NDCs; vulnerability studies; climate financing; urban planning.
Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential.
Chance for geographic extension of activities.
Application deadline: 15/07/2020.
Category : Project Manager
Duration : Permanent contract
Specification(s) : Long Term (+ 6 months)
Donor(s) : EU
Project cycle management : Project management
Economic Studies : Environment, Water, Infrastructures
Language(s) : English, French
AETS is consortium lead company of the Commission's new "Policy Support Facility in Trade and Market Access overseen by the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments" and we are looking to work with experts meeting the following criteria.
Are you an expert in FTA (Free Trade Agreement) and/or EU-Trade Law with EC experience? Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic partner countries?
- BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa);
- MERCOSUR Countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela);
- Gulf countries (Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates);
- ASEAN Countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam);
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan);
- USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Algeria, Australia, Chile, China - Hong Kong and Macao, Colombia, Egypt, Israel, Morocco, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway and Iceland, Peru, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.
Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic sectors?
- International Trade and national trade policies/reforms formulation and/or revision;
- Association Agreements analysis, negotiation, implementation and evaluation;
- Harmonisation of International/Regional Trade regulations and national legislation;
- EU Trade Law harmonisation;
- Legal analysis and advice, as well as fact finding in relation to dispute settlement;
- Fact finding and analysis of FTA areas;
- Support delegations coordinating market access teams;
- Monitoring implementation of trade and investment agreements, as well as of business environment in partner countries;
- Promotion of trade, association and investment agreements, as well as provision of business-relevant information.
Regions and Strategic Sectors above, should match with at least one among the following Specific Sectors:
- Customs and trade facilitation;
- Import formalities and requirements;
- Non-tariff barriers (NTBs);
- Technical barriers to trade (TBTs);
- Intellectual property rights;
- Public procurement;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Sustainable development;
- Sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures;
- Agriculture and fisheries;
- Competition policy; and
- State-owned enterprises.
Category : Expert
Donor(s) : EU
Project cycle management : Identification and formulation / ToR, Pre-investment & feasibility studies, Project management, Follow up / Supervision / Monitoring, Project evaluation / audit
Economic Studies : Economic development
Language(s) : English, French