Electrical engineer - expert in energy policy consulting
In order to expand its technical team and to accommodate an increase in its activities, AETS is currently looking for and expert specialised in the energy sector, and more specifically in energy policy consulting and the implementation and monitoring of investment programmes in the electrical energy sector.
Role and responsibilities:
Under the responsibility of the Director of the Energy and Information Technology department, the successful applicant will act as an expert and technical project manager and will be particularly responsible for the preparation and the implementation of technical assistance missions, in close collaboration with the other team members, as well as with our national and international partners.
The successful applicant will contribute to developing the company’s activities in the area of studies related to policies and investment programmes in the energy sector. In addition, they will participate in short-term missions in France and internationally as an expert or project coordinator.
- University degree (or equivalent) in energy, economic or legal engineering.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in energy sector development or reform programmes with large electricity companies or regulators.
- Knowledge of European Development Fund and other French and international donors' procedures.
- Experience in the implementation of capacity building programmes would be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French. Knowledge of Spanish would be a plus.
Permanent position based out of Pau (Pyrénées Atlantiques) with frequent assignments abroad.
Category : Engineer
Duration : Permanent contract
Specification(s) : Long Term (+ 6 months)
Project cycle management :
Economic Studies : Energy
Language(s) : English, French
AETS is consortium lead company of the Commission's new "Policy Support Facility in Trade and Market Access overseen by the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments" and we are looking to work with experts meeting the following criteria.
Are you an expert in FTA (Free Trade Agreement) and/or EU-Trade Law with EC experience? Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic partner countries?
- BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa);
- MERCOSUR Countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela);
- Gulf countries (Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates);
- ASEAN Countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam);
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan);
- USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Algeria, Australia, Chile, China - Hong Kong and Macao, Colombia, Egypt, Israel, Morocco, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway and Iceland, Peru, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.
Have you worked in one/many of the below mentioned Strategic sectors?
- International Trade and national trade policies/reforms formulation and/or revision;
- Association Agreements analysis, negotiation, implementation and evaluation;
- Harmonisation of International/Regional Trade regulations and national legislation;
- EU Trade Law harmonisation;
- Legal analysis and advice, as well as fact finding in relation to dispute settlement;
- Fact finding and analysis of FTA areas;
- Support delegations coordinating market access teams;
- Monitoring implementation of trade and investment agreements, as well as of business environment in partner countries;
- Promotion of trade, association and investment agreements, as well as provision of business-relevant information.
Regions and Strategic Sectors above, should match with at least one among the following Specific Sectors:
- Customs and trade facilitation;
- Import formalities and requirements;
- Non-tariff barriers (NTBs);
- Technical barriers to trade (TBTs);
- Intellectual property rights;
- Public procurement;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Sustainable development;
- Sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures;
- Agriculture and fisheries;
- Competition policy; and
- State-owned enterprises.
Category : Expert
Donor(s) : EU
Project cycle management : Identification and formulation / ToR, Pre-investment & feasibility studies, Project management, Follow up / Supervision / Monitoring, Project evaluation / audit
Economic Studies : Economic development
Language(s) : English, French